Near Light

           Take me into the still. Where I can wait and watch. Where the wind can make figure eights around me.
            Let me pause and exhale and stare up and see.
            Let the wonder still startle me like it used to.
            Bring me to a hill I can coast down while the tank hovers on empty. 
            Bring me to the center of the unknown to a sweet spot of rest.
            Set the sun for the night so I can light up the sparklers in the backseat.
            Set the moon and the stars in motion so they can perform pirouettes above me.
            Fill the places for the moment.
            Fill them so they overflow. So there’s a little left once the daylight scratches back out.
            Take this and take that and take all. In hands that can hold everything without worry.
            So near the light in this black that fingertips can almost touch it.
            Almost.

Labels: